|The Hubbard House represents one of the finest examples of the classic Victorian style that once graced South Broad Street, Mankato's "silk stocking district." In fact, the Hubbard House has survived in its original form, having been occupied by only the Hubbard family and Blue Earth County Historical Society. R.D. Hubbard built his house in three stages, 1871, 1888 and 1905 and the members of the family occupied the house for 67 years. About a quarter of what once belonged to the Hubbard family can still be found in the furniture of the home, as it was in their day. The remainder of the furnish ings and furniture is antique dating to the 1900 period and donated by generous patrons. The Hubbard House played a very significant role in the social life of Mankato - the pleasant ambiance provided by the Hubbards continues to delight visitors of this elegant residence.