|Sweet Briar College was founded in 1901 with the money which the Founder, Indiana Fletcher Williams had willed to open a center of higher learning for young women. Indiana gave the money in remembrance of her only daughter, Daisy Williams, who tragically died in the flower of her youth at the age of 16. Many of the objects included are furnishings that belonged to the Fletcher-Williams family. The College has amassed collections of art, archives, rare books, archeology, antiquities and natural history artifacts. Many objects are still used in classes today. The Farm Tool Museum contains Sweet Briar's collection of farm machinery and artifacts both from the Sweet Briar Plantation and from the time period. On display are farm implements of all descriptions, along with plow tack, and a forge. The Farm Tool Museum is located behind the Sweet Briar Museum.