|The museum is located in the historic State Capital Publishing Company building constructed in 1902. This building was the fourth home of the State Capital Company which was organized in 1889 just prior to the first Oklahoma Land Run. Located in downtown Guthrie, the structure was one of the first in Oklahoma to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Inside the museum is a large collection of original furnishings and printing equipment. Museum exhibits include the history of the State Capital Company, printing technology and other aspects of life from the territorial and early statehood era.