|This museum was designated a national site as a result of the architectural and historic significance of the train station in which it is housed. The station was built in 1914 and holds a collection of eastern Ontario railway artifacts, memorabilia and archival materials dating from the 1850s to the 1920s. The collection is focused on Canadian railroads, particularly the Canadian Northern Railway Company. Artifacts from the Canadian National, Canadian Pacific and the Grand Trunk railways are also on display. Guided tours and inspection car demonstration rides are available. Special events such as visiting telegraph operators, model railroaders and silent railroad movies are offered. Education programs for school groups are also available.