|The Biology Place
|Age Range: 10-18 (Grades 5-12, with parental supervision). This site, sponsored by textbook publisher Pearson, offers free biology lessons and lab animations. This multi-media resource can be used in conjunction with any basic biology textbook or curriculum, or as a fascinating exploration for the incurably curious.
|When you get to the website you'll see a menu of three items:
This is a good resource for introducing biology concepts, supplementing any study of biology, and it can be used to refresh your memory about biology course material as well.
- BioCoach - This section is designed for reviewing and enhancing biology information gleaned from textbooks and classroom lessons. However, the animations and interactive aspects really help all learners (including those outside classroom walls) to visualize and understand biological concepts including:
- Cardiovascular System
- Cell Structure and Function
- DNA Structure and Replication
- Plant Structure and Growth
- And more!
- LabBench - This is an interactive virtual lab that helps students further understand basic biology concepts. References are made to actual classroom lab activities (for example, an instruction to look at a slide under a microscope). However, the virtual lab offers a picture of what you would see if you were viewing the slide through a microscope. So, while you might not have the hands-on experience, you can still learn a lot. You can even take a quiz at the end of each lab to see what you retain. There are 12 labs in all that include:
- Diffusion & Osmosis
- Enzyme Catalysis
- Mitosis & Meiosis
- Plant Pigments & Photosynthesis
- Cell Respiration
- Molecular Biology
- Genetics of Organisms
- Population Genetics
- Circulatory Physiology
- Animal Behavior
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Glossary - Get definitions of biological words, terms, and phrases.
|ClickSchooling ©Copyright 2021, All Rights Reserved, ClickSchooling
|Click here to navigate to web site