|When you get to the site you'll see a fun intro page with a menu that includes:
.Play online games, including a mystery adventure about musical instruments under Flash Activities! Take polymer quizzes. Very young children may enjoy the "Find Paul" game (under Just for Fun) - go all over the website looking for Paul the Lemur, then enjoy his interactive coloring book and some activity pages that go with it.
- What is a Polymer? - To get to the bottom of it you'll learn about atoms, elements and molecules and then discover some great and not-so-great things about polymers.
- Where are Polymers? - Explore the online mall to discover polymers in shoes, clothing, auto parts, pool supplies, bagpipes, toys, food and more!
- Types of Polymers - There are many kinds of polymers - both natural and synthetic. Explore cellulose, rayon, starch, rubber, proteins, gelatin, epoxy, nylon, polyester, polystyrene, PVC, silicone and more to learn about polymers that are tough and hard as well as polymers that bend and stretch.
- Making Stuff - Learn how things are made from polymers. Discover composites, crosslinking, copolymers, and how polymers are made from monomers.
- Polymers in Action - Find lots of cool experiments you can do with polymers including the expanding Gummy Bear experiment under Paul's Labs! Here's the direct link: http://pslc.ws/macrog/kidsmac/activity/bear.htm
This is a fun and engaging way to explore the science of polymers!