|It uses digital story telling to engage learners and help them understand that "the history of America is much more than just war battles."
When you get to the site, you'll see a menu that includes:
This program is designed for classroom use to stimulate discussions and promote understanding. There is lots of flexibility in the material that can be tweaked for independent study. It supplements any study of history and meets national standards.
- Explore Multimedia Program - Launch or download the free program that is divided into four lessons delivered through a narrated video presentation (turn on your speakers):
- Lesson 1 - 1600-1929, Seeds of Change
- Lesson 2 - 1930-1949, From Defeat to Victory
- Lesson 3 - 1950-1969, Prosperity & Challenges
- Lesson 4 - 1970-Present, Into a New Millennium
- Classroom Resources - Access pdfs of the instructional units (lessons) along with activities and resources based upon primary source documents. You'll also find options for assessment.
- Historical Timeline - Explore the various eras of American agriculture including Economic Cycles, Farm Machinery & Technology, Crops & Livestock, Transportation, Agricultural Trade & Development, and Government Programs & Policy.
- External Resources - Find more free lessons on agriculture including pest management, water quality, food safety, understanding wetlands and the environment, the history of cotton, cattle ranching, and more.