|The East Ely Railroad Depot Museum is located within one of the nation's most complete historic railroad yards. The depot has been restored to its original 1907 appearance. The museum, grounds, and shops remain hauntingly unchanged. Buildings, including the carpenter and electrical shops remain as they were left when the railroad closed in 1983. The pipefitters shop and blacksmith shop that surround the museum help tell the story of a proud time when Ely, and the railroad, helped "light a nation." The museum is one of seven operated within the Department of Cultural Affairs.