|From the website: "Recognizing visual cues in a work of art as well as being aware of the times and conditions in which an artist lived enables students to better interpret its imagery, draw conclusions about its effectiveness, and speak critically about the art."
Lesson plans are broken down by grade level, with 10 plans for each level and each plan includes the following sections:
There are 80 different artists featured and, although they are gradeleveled, it appears that you could adjust the plans to fit any grade level.
- About the Artist – brief biography of the artist
- About the Art – and overview of artwork
- Directed Observation – instructions for lesson plan implementation
- Things to Do – projects and additional activities related to the artist or artwork
- Discipline-Based Art Education – art concepts, elements of art, principles of design, composition, style, related literature and more
This is a fabulous must-see resource for your art studies.