|American Red Cross History
|American Red Cross
|Age Range: 8-adult (grades 2-adult, with parental supervision). March is Red Cross Month. Dedicated to humanitarian service, this portion of the larger American Red Cross website provides an in-depth look at the history of the Red Cross.
|Using the sidebar navigation, explore the following areas of interest through text and images:
When you are finished learning about the history of the Red Cross, select the American Red Cross logo in the upper right corner of the website, then scroll to the bottom of the home page. There you will find the heading “Plan and Prepare”. Once in this section of the website, visitors will find a plethora of information about planning and preparing for emergencies and disasters. In the “Prepare Your Home and Family” section there are links to Disney’s Mickey and Friends Disaster Preparedness Activity Book that can be viewed on line or printed out. There are also sections with helpful printables available for things such as:
- Our History
- Founder Clara Barton
- Our Federal Charter
- Red Cross in American History
- The Global Red Cross Network
- Significant Dates in History
And for even more discovery, choose “Tools and Resources” from the side bar menu and find more information and printable checklists for all kinds of emergencies available in a variety of languages. Before you leave the website, be sure to check out the interactive module “Be Red Cross Ready” which includes pictures, audio and video content and a clever Prepare 4 Game.
- Get a Kit – how to prepare an emergency preparedness kit
- Make a Plan – includes an editable, printable family disaster plan template
- People with Disabilities –downloadable guide for Preparing for Disaster for People with Special Needs
- Seniors - downloadable guide for Disaster Preparedness for Seniors by Seniors
- Pets –download the Pets and Disaster Safety Checklist
- Prevent Home Fires – includes printouts for Fire Prevention & Safety Checklist, install and maintain smoke alarms, and Fire Escape Planning.
Visiting these sections of this website just touches the iceberg of information and training available from the American Red Cross.
|ClickSchooling ©Copyright 2021, All Rights Reserved, ClickSchooling
|Click here to navigate to web site