|Quickly select from the many prepared lists based on the classic McGuffey's Eclectic Spelling Book, by W. H. McGuffey and use in your lesson planning. You can construct your own lists but when you create a free account you can save and edit your lists and then select them later as needed.
To start right away, scroll down to "3. Practice AAASpell.com Spelling Lists" on the home page. Click on the link and then choose your grade, then a lesson, then "Click here to practice..." Some of the self-correcting activities that can be utilized are:
Instant feedback is given. If the student answers incorrectly, the correct answer is displayed, reinforcing spelling and vocabulary skills.
- Hear and Spell: Listen to the word and then spell it. (Note that only words with available audio will be used for Hear and Spell. Words available with audio are indicated on the sidebar after creating your new list.)
- Missing Letters: Spell the word correctly by adding one or two letters.
- Spell the word: The word is shown and the student copies it.
- Guess the Letters: Find the word by guessing letters.
- Scrambled Letters: Spell the word correctly by unscrambling the letters.
- And several other study methods to keep the learning fresh.
Whether practicing spelling lists, exploring new vocabulary, or learning alphabetical order, this website is an excellent addition to your education toolbox.