|There are no bells and whistles at this website, just a simple archive of over 100 recipes for concoctions like slime, play dough, silly putty, and more. (Sometimes, simplicity is so refreshing, isn't it?)
When you get to the site you'll see a menu of recipes divided into categories that include:
Click on any one to get the instructions. Then, your kids can mix potions (just like real chemists!) and make fun substances that they can use for open-ended play or to use in arts and crafts projects.
- Dough's - Get recipes for play doughs made from flour, coffee, cornmeal, oatmeal, peanut butter, and more!
- Clay, Goo & other Compounds - Make chocolate clay, clean mud, and the popular non-Newtonian solid using cornstarch and water. Make clay from dryer lint and Kool-Aid, make GAK (using borax and Elmer's glue), get recipes for sand clay, silly putty, and slime!
- Papier-mâché - Use dryer lint, strips of paper, and pastes of all textures to create imaginative designs.
- Paints, Dyes and Crayons - Learn to make your own chalk, bubble solution, make-up, clown paint, bath paint, finger paint, egg yolk paint, puffy paint, salt paint, and pudding paint. You'll even find instructions for coloring rice and pasta.
- Bubbles, Chalk , Stamps, Make-up - Get recipes for all kinds of bubble solutions, make sidewalk chalk, and create your own fruit-flavored stamps.
- Art, Activities, Gifts - Try your hand at candle-making, make salt sculptures, preserve flowers, make ornaments and bath salts.